Thanks For Stopping By!

Sidewing Creations Bonanza Booth

The Hunger Site

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

So, the long weekend is over and I didn't get to relax very much, but I did get to have some fun! Of course, not all of you will think that what I did on Saturday was fun, but hubby and I had a great time!

We are the inheritors, so to speak, of my hubby's family recipe for bratwurst. Saturday was the second year we have spent with his parents learning the fine art of making it from start to finish. That means from grinding the meat, seasoning it, cleaning the casings, filling them, freezing some and, of course, cooking them properly. That last step we already knew. My hubby's family makes Thuringer style bratwurst since that's where they are from and hubby is first generation born in the USA. We had so much fun doing this with his parents! We're also honored that they entrusted us with this tradition. We made 112 brats on Saturday which will take us through his father's birthday party and maybe leave enough for each of hubby's 2 siblings, his parents, and ourselves to have 1 or 2 meals. We have now served our apprenticeship and the bratwurst making is now officially our project in the future. I can't wait until next year!!


Sunday, hubby's nephew had an impromptu open house. He and his wife just moved into a new home and they decided not to wait until they were all settled and everything was "perfect". It turned out to be a great time and less stress for them. A lot of the family had not made plans because of our sausage making on Saturday and birthday party plans next weekend for hubby's father, so most were around town.


Monday, I did have to stop to rest some. My Lupus was starting to catch up with me. I was feeling achy and stiff. I was very fatigued and just didn't want to do much of anything. It didn't help that the weather was damp and rainy which doesn't happen often here in Colorado. I spent some time on the computer doing some checking in on my Etsy shop and some research for my hubby. He spent the time doing a major repair on our sprinkler system.


Yesterday I was a good Mom and took my recuperating daughter out to the bookstore. The store is very near her apartment. She was going stir crazy! She was able to look for a book she wants, sit in one of the cushy chairs when she needed to and generally have different scenery. She probably won't be driving for at least another 2 weeks, so I maybe doing this for awhile. I really don't mind. We usually have a good time, but she's at the whiny stage of her recuperation. She still hurts, but not enough to keep her down. She can't drive. She doesn't have all her strength back, so she can't go do everything she wants to do and she is still in the arm restraint. Ah, well, as my own mother reminds me, "This too, shall pass!"


Have a great day whatever you choose to do!

Wendy
This is my Shades of Sapphire Necklace available in my Estsy shop

2 comments:

DJ said...

OOh I like the blue, very summer!

Caitlin said...

I'm browsing links from Etsy threads. :D Great blog. I have to say, I didn't get far past the bratwurst part, though... I think I'm going to find something to eat. :D

Have a great day!
CaitiJo from Etsy