Thanks For Stopping By!

Sidewing Creations Bonanza Booth

The Hunger Site

Saturday, May 3, 2008

My First Post!

Since this is my first posting, I'm very excited! I feel I should tell everyone everything about me... BUT I won't! I just want to introduce myself very briefly.

I'm 50 years old and I will be married 30 years to my high school sweetheart in October. We have 2 grown children, 1 is married and 1 is still thinking about it. I enjoy making jewelry and I sell it on Etsy.com. I am one of my family's genealogists/historians and have been doing it for over 20 years. I love to go geocaching (think treasure hunting). I love my family. I read all kinds books, like to travel and meet new people. God has always been part of my life having been baptised as a baby into the Lutheran Faith. When I was 34 I was diagnosed with Lupus aka SLE (we'll talk more about that some other time).

When asked how I named my Etsy.com shop, Sidewing Creations, this is what I tell people:
My hubby and I have always loved to ride motorcycles, but as my Lupus has gotten worse it has become harder for me to take long trips. Eventually we decided to get a sidecar. Now when I am too tired or too sore to sit on the back, I get in the sidecar which is more comfortable and has a cover to protect me from the sun, cold, or what ever weather might be bothering me on a particular day. The motorcycle is a Honda Goldwing, so my hubby calls me his "Sidewing" when I'm in it. My avatar is of me in the sidecar and the shop title was born! I make mostly jewelry, but do make book marks, keychains, backpack hangers, zipper pulls, etc., so I used creations instead of jewelry in the title.

That's a quick introduction of me. I hope you'll visit often!
Wendy

1 comment:

Rocki Adams said...

Congrats on your 1st post Wendy! I look forward to getting to know more about you and your work!

Hubby & I used to ride as well, but due to FM, I had to sell my bike and eventually he sold his due to bad knees. We have a jeep now :)

Good luck with everything and I'll keep in touch with your blogging!
☼ Rocki