Thanks For Stopping By!

Sidewing Creations Bonanza Booth

The Hunger Site

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Getting Away & Geocaching, Finding Other Bloggers, Saturday Night Promotions

This week hubby and I had a chance to do something fun! We went to the mountains to get away from home and the usual problems of life and did some geocaching. What is geocaching you ask? Simply put, geocaching is treasure hunting using a GPS unit. The size of the treasure chests vary from micro, about the size of a 35mm film canister or smaller, to much larger. Some people do it for the treasures and some people do it for the hunt. I think both can be fun. This hobby can be done alone, with a partner, as a team, with children and has varying skill levels. You can get very involved with lots of people online and off. There are group meetings, etc. Or you can choose to participate quietly and just do the hunts and not be so involved. The choices make it great for all types of people and personalities to enjoy! We found quite a few caches (treasures) on this outing. It gave us a chance to do a bit of moderate hiking, since that day I was feeling pretty good, have a nice lunch out, and be away from "it all". Geocaching is not very expensive once you purchase the geocaching unit. Learn all you need to know at http://www.geocaching.com or click on the geocaching icon on the right. This is the official site of geochaching.

I was on etsy.com earlier today. One of the threads was for exchanging blog links. I did add a few new ones to my list and a couple of new etsy stores to my favorite stores list. I hope you will take time to check out both lists. I think you'll find some great shops for your Christmas shopping or other holiday and special occasion shopping pleasure. The blogs I have listed are quite different, I think, from each other. They add variety to life!

I haven't posted any new items to my etsy shop today, but I do hope to get listed early on the SNS - Saturday Night Specials list on the Promotions Thread. I'll be offer 15% off of your total bill in my shop!! Please check it out!

Thanks for stopping by!
Wendy

2 comments:

tonka_boy said...

I found your blog from a Google search on geocaching. Sounds like you may have a new addiction. It's very habit forming. My wife and I have been geocaching for about a year and we are having a blast. It has taken us to places we would have never visited had it not been for this pastime.

If interested, we are on Blogger too. Except for the occasional off-topic post, it's all about geocaching. We even have a log that you can sign - just like real geocache.

Cache on!

The Northwoods Geocats

Anonymous said...

Thank You Wendy and I am going to add you to my blog reads. Let's stay in touch.