Thanks For Stopping By!

Sidewing Creations Bonanza Booth

The Hunger Site

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Colorado Hot Weather, Geocaching, Jewelry Design Set

The weather here in Colorado has been breaking records for being HOT!! Its been in the 90's for weeks and today it was over 100 degrees! For those of us who love living here, even we are having a hard time appreciating the beauty of it through the heat of the day. It does take its toll no matter where you live when the temperatures are this hot.



The last few days I have been spending time trying to make my etsy.com shop more visible. This isn't an easy thing to do. I have change some of my descriptions and titles of my jewelry pieces to include key words. I changed my profile to be more descriptive of myself and hopefully more memorable. I added the address to my blog to my shop. That sort of thing.



The next thing I did was read some more business tips. Not that I really want to make a full time business out of my jewelry shop, but I would like to sell a few pieces from time to time. It would be nice to sell enough to off set the cost of my beads. I mean buying semi precious gemstones and Swarovski crystals does get expensive! Anyway, I did find some more information and I went to a few business type blogs that were mentioned to read those. I think it helped me out some, though my hubby and I have had a business before and much of it was done via Internet. This is just very different in how to "advertise" the business. I'm learning though.



Speaking of hubby, we also spent time this week on our new venture. I wish I could share more of it with you, but it is still in the top secret folder. We spoke to a few people who were able to give us some good information and then we made contact with that all important person - the money man! We will be seeing a potential investor on Tuesday! Its very exciting for us! Can't wait until I can share it with you!!!



We haven't had a chance to do any geocaching again. Its been too hot to do any in our area and we haven't been able to go up into the mountains where its a bit cooler. As much fun as we have with it, we don't have a lot of time for it, but we're going to try to make more time if our venture works out.



Before I say good-bye, I'd like to show you my most recent posting to my etsy.com shop. Remember you can get to it by clicking on my banner above!!!

Jewelry Design Set in Multiple Colors of Swarovski Crystals and Swirled Glass Beads
by Sidewing Creations
The glass beads are a swirl of predominately blue, green, black and brown, with hints of red and yellow in some of the beads. There are 6mm Bicone Jet Swarovski Crystals and 4mm Swarovski Crystals in each of the following colors, Montana Sapphire Blue, Chrysolite and Crystal Clear



Theses pictures just don't look as good here as they do in the original or even in my shop! I hope you'll check it out sometime soon!
Thanks for stopping by!
Wendy

No comments: