Thanks For Stopping By!

Sidewing Creations Bonanza Booth

The Hunger Site

Saturday, July 19, 2008

My Day, My New Bookmark, A Shout Out for an Etsy Shop

Today Hubby and I spent time as if it were a Saturday morning of our youth instead of Saturday morning of our 50's. We recently found out where there is a German Bakery and not far from it a German/Bavarian Restaurant. So this morning we left all our cares behind us and set out to find them.

AHHHH!! What a delightful aroma as we stepped into the bakery!! Oh and the surprise we had to find it is also a delicatessen and dry goods store! We were like kids in a candy store! The fun we had! The breads we bought! The goodies! The things we left behind for another day!!!!!


Then it was off to find the restaurant. It wasn't hard to find either, only 10 miles away at most. It looked like a little Bavarian house. The luncheon menu also included a few favorites from the dinner menu. We ate, of course, from the dinner items. I had Rahmschnitzel and Hubby had Sauerbraten. Both choices were excellent! We couldn't leave without dessert of course. It was Hazelnut Torte for me and Cherry Strudel for Hubby. All I can say is MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!


When we got home I finished making a bookmark that I started last night. I'm going to list it on my etsy shop when I finish writing. I really enjoyed making this bookmark and I almost kept it for myself! It just sparkles so nicely, with the tiny crystal-like seed beads in a medium sapphire blue, the genuine Swarovski crystals in light sapphire blue and crystal ab. I also used the gemstone dark blue aventurine tumbled into round beads. They make a striking difference to the other beads. I added butterfly charms to one end and a cross to the other to finish it off. Here's a sneak peak:



SHOUT OUT FOR...
Some people don't like to promote shops that are competitors, but I'm just not that way. You will see a list of other etsy shops over on the right side. One them I would like to do a SHOUT OUT for right now. The shop is called Jewelry by The Creators Palette and the shop site is http://www.TCPJewelry.etsy.com This shop is relatively new but has a sister shop, The Creators Palette, that has been around a bit longer. The jewelry shop produces wonderful medical bracelets for adults and children. I just browsed the shop today and saw one for children that has the cutest frog faces on it! There are other pieces of lovely jewelry besides the medical bracelets, such as earrings. The owner, Melanie, is a terrific artist and offers great customer service. I hope you will stop by her shop to see all that she offers!!

I will see you all again soon!
Wendy

1 comment:

Rustic Path Gardens said...

mmmmmm....I can almost smell the bread in that bakery!

Beautiful bookmark.