Thanks For Stopping By!

Sidewing Creations Bonanza Booth

The Hunger Site

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Doing a bit of catching-up!

I don't know where the time goes! I think I'll blog every day, but the days fly by. Hubby and I did get to Mt. Evans and Echo Lake. We had a wonderful time. The weather was beautiful for it. We set out to find 4 geocaches and found all 4 of them. Then we spent the night in Central City and did a little gambling. We won some and lost some and in the end we broke even. All-in-all it was a nice get away.

I've been making quite a bit of jewelry recently too. I haven't put much on my Etsy.com shop, though. I'm saving some of it for the craft fair at church that is scheduled for November 8th. I'd like to take a table, but I really don't think I'll have enough items. I'll probably just donate my pieces to the women's craft table. That's what I did last year.

On a brighter note, I have sold a few pieces recently. Mostly my smaller, less expensive items. I'm just glad to be getting noticed a bit. I do wish someone would take notice of my more expensive pieces. I work hard on them and I have improved so much. Most people who see my work "in person" like it and buy it. I'm still struggling with the pictures, but those are improving also.

I joined another etsy group the other day, Christian Artists Street Team. I've introduced myself on the team forum thread twice. It seems hard to get yourself "heard" there. I think I'm going to have to try to introduce myself on their regular message board. Maybe its less hectic on that board.

I really like the socializing on etsy overall. For me, its another way to meet people, though its not quite the same as being with them. I like the people and my Lupus keeps me somewhat home bound or at least limited in my socializing. Most of the people I've met on etsy are very friendly and helpful. Its a bit like taking a walk in a neighborhood.

Thanks for stopping by my neighborhood!
Wendy

No comments: