Thanks For Stopping By!

Sidewing Creations Bonanza Booth

The Hunger Site

Friday, May 9, 2008

Is this blog looking any better to you?

I've added a few things to my blog that I hope will add interest to it. I have a set of health related links that include Lupus, Fibromyalgia, and Sojgren's Syndrome. I have Lupus and the other two I have as secondary to my Lupus, though some people have them as their primary condition. I hope the health links will be helpful to people passing through my blog who haven't had much luck getting help with their conditions or will help friends, family and care givers of those with these illnesses.

I also added a set of links to my favorite charities and causes. I didn't include any of the health related links here, I figure that's a given. Poverty/Hunger is my number one concern. There are more good organizations out there than the ones that I have listed, I'm sure, but these are organizations that I have found are trustworthy. They make a difference in different ways too. Some are advocates, some are helping the immediate needs with short term help and some are helping with long term solutions. Most of these organizations use little of their funds on administrative costs. The ELCA (Evangelical Lutheran Church in America) World Hunger Appeal is highly rated among charitable organizations for this.

You will also see the little picture and the "Join Geocaching" "Have Fun". Clicking on it will take you to the Geocaching.com website where you can learn all about one of my favorite pastimes. My hubby and love to do this, its sort of like treasure hunting with a GPS unit, all the time. We do it on vacation and on weekends when we're looking to get out of the house. Check it out! Its fun for singles, couples, and families!

I did finish my small projects and got them packaged up. I now have to get them off to the post office. I also finished printing out some genealogy material and packaged that up. It also needs to be mailed out. I now have more genealogy to input into my computer. The more I think I have completed, the more there is to do!

I'd like to spend some time creating more jewelry for my etsy shop. It seems though that every time I sit down to do so I either get interrupted or my hands don't work due to pain. I have joint pain from my Lupus and now I have the start of osteoarthritis. I think I have to rearrange my jewelry making time to earlier in the day when my hands are usually better. NOW if I could just figure out how to make sure no one calls me during that time!!!!!!

I'm looking forward to Mother's Day this year more than most. We usually don't do anything, but go to brunch and then sit around at some one's house all dressed up being nice, doing nothing and being bored. I know that sounds bad, but I'm almost 51 years old and have two children, 24 (single) and 22 (married) and I have only had two Mother's Days that I felt were really for me. This year we are still going to brunch. BUT afterwards we all get to go our own way. My immediate family will come back to our house and we will take a walk or hike depending on what I am up to at the time. I love spending time outdoors when I can. If I can't do that or I can only handle a short walk, we'll spend time at home playing a game like monopoly or dominoes or watching a movie. My family will figure out a light meal in the evening. I never really want to do anything fancy on Mother's Day. I like to spend it with my family doing some of my favorite things. I would love to include the rest of the family, but most of them don't think that it is special if you aren't dressed up.

Well, that's enough of my meanderings for one day. I'm glad you stopped by.

My Best To All Of You Out There!
Wendy

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Hi Wendy!

So glad to find your blog! I love the look of it!!!

I hope your Mother's Day turns out wonderful! I learned a long time ago too, not to put too much expectation on Mother's Day.

This year, my 18 year old is conspiring with the family on something... I'm not sure what. But she's already made me my present... some homemade Biscotti dipped in dark chocolate. It's the yummiest Biscotti I've every eaten! That in itself is a great Mother's Day!

luv ya!
Melanie

PS: I'll add a link to your blog from my art blog. Come check out both of my blogs... I think you'll enjoy them!

~Banjo said...

Geocaching sounds like my-kinda-supreme-fun. I've always luved searching for 'treasures' - beachcombing shells & crystals or the perfect river rock - and I dig how u get to leave anuffa treasure 4 the next seeker! What fun!