Thanks For Stopping By!

Sidewing Creations Bonanza Booth

The Hunger Site

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Today is Father's Day

Today is Father's Day. I miss my father. He died 19 years ago and I still miss him. I often wonder how he can still be having such an effect on my life all these years later, but he does. I'll be 51 years old in a few weeks and there are things about my relationship with my Father that still effect me in my day to day life.

I'm really glad about that. It means he is still with me is some way. He still is a part of me in some way and a part of my children. He is still a part of my life.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, DAD!!
I still LOVE you!

I hope all you father's out there had a great day!
Wendy

4 comments:

Crazy4Cards designs by Kim said...

That is so sweet! I too lost my father back in 92. I also think of him often. I think how he missed out seeing my daughter grow and his grandson. See my father was sick and took his life. Sad, but I'm ok. I have a wonderful stepfather, who I love dearly. It was a beautiful day and we all spent it together. Kim

Anonymous said...

Don't take this the wrong, it is nice to see that someone still feels so much love for their father.

You see, about two years ago I found out that the person my mother said was my biological father was not. Though he married her thinking he was, we took a DNA test and he was not. He knew, but I had to find out for myself. In black & white.

He and I became very close, and I am thankful for the two years that I knew him and that we had time to become special friends before he suddenly passed.

I am almost 50, I think of him often, and there are not too many days when I do not think and wonder who my "real" family is. How many of them are there? Would they welcome me? Would they be happy I found them, to know me?

Blessings Kim. Your father is your angel. He IS always with you.

Lily

Sidewing Creations said...

Lily, I hope someday you find your biological father and in the meantime, I'm glad you have some good memories of the man who accepted you as his own. I am of the same age as you, since I just turned 51 on June 27th. I don't think we ever have out parents long enough.
Wendy

babyhoot. said...

I hope my daughters will love and miss their daddy as much as you do now, when they get older. They are only 1 and 4 years and think he's the best in the world, and I want it to always be like that. (same for our son!)
:)
jessica