Thanks For Stopping By!

Sidewing Creations Bonanza Booth

The Hunger Site

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I can't believe it has been so long since I posted last! Its been a busy time for my family once again! Or maybe I should say as always!! My husband was "separated" from his job. You can read that layed-off. We knew it was coming, but thought he had another six months to a year. We're worried, but not overly so. He has already had two interviews and we are working on a possible business venture of our own. My etsy shop certainly won't keep us afloat and my Lupus prevents me from getting a regular job. But we know there are MANY people out there today in the same circumstances and we have a strong faith. We may not live like kings, but we'll be all right!

On the lighter side, our son, daughter and son-in-law gave us a combination Father's Day present and birthday present for me. We got tickets to see Crosby, Stills and Nash in Concert! It was a great concert!!!!!!!!! They are still wonderful performers, still very political, anti-war, and a bit irreverent. The crowd was mostly fifty-something plus, but there was a healthy dose of the younger generation. They played about fifty percent oldies and fifty percent newer and brand new stuff. Stephen Stills can still play guitar like nobody else! I wish you could all have been there with us!

On my birthday, everyone was able to be together to go out to dinner. That doesn't happen often, so it was a real treat. We sat around the dinner table for quite some time laughing and talking. My hubby had to leave an extra big tip to make up for how long we sat there, but it was worth it.

After several days of being on the run, concert, my birthday, seeing some family, etc., my Lupus flared up. I crashed for several days. I was in excruciating pain. My joints were hurting and my muscles ached. I had vague nausea and I was extremely fatigued. I had a headache that would come and go. I had rashes and other symptoms I won't bother to go into. I couldn't sleep and I didn't want to be awake because it hurt so bad. This lasted about 4 days before it began to let up. I always seem to pay for having fun, but it is usually worth it! I hate having Lupus, but I am used to it and have learned to deal with it. I write about it to help educate people about it.

Now that I'm back to feeling better, I'm back to making jewelry for my shop and for my friends. I'm helping my husband search the web for work. I'm helping him formulate an idea for a new business option for us, well its really for him since I can't work. In general life is getting back to normal!

Thanks for popping in!
Wendy

2 comments:

MegzyTred said...

Hope you're feeling better!
Hugs,
Megzy

Tasha Early said...

So many people are experiencing hard times right now. It'll all work out though, right?