Thanks For Stopping By!

Sidewing Creations Bonanza Booth

The Hunger Site

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Relaxing Making My Jewelry

My company is gone and I've had time to rest. I picked up my trays of beads and started making jewelry again. It feels good too! I find that it can be very relaxing once I have a design set. I love the creating process of the design too, but its not as relaxing as actually making the piece.

Choosing the colors, choosing the types of beads is very satisfying and allows my creativity to really escape and run away. I often make jewelry that is bolder or brighter than I might wear myself. I think that in creating I am letting a bit of the "real me" out. Its the bolder, less conservative me that I haven't always allowed out. That's what is so great about art and I do consider jewelry making art, you can let yourself really go with what's inside you. The design process really wakes me up.



On the other hand, once the design is laid out, I relax. I feel somehow released and I just sit back in a way as I put the pieces of my design together. My mother, who paints, calls it putting my sketch to canvass. Its somewhat true. I make little adjustments as I put my design together and find I don't like it as much once strung together. My mother makes adjustments to her painting as she finds the painting doesn't come together quite like the sketch. I don't duplicate many of my jewelry pieces, so most are unique and one of a kind. I seem to have developed a kind of style, though I do think I'm still growing. Here's one of the latest additions to my etsy.com shop:


This necklace is make with Black Diamond Swarovski Crystals, Jet Swarovski Crystal Rondells, 14k gold plated beads and chain. It just seemed to come alive as I handmade it. I hope someone will find an elegant event to wear it to!
Thanks for stopping by!
Wendy

No comments: